Sunday, January 24, 2010

Play with your food

In an effort to make dinner fun I whipped up some meatloaf cupcakes today. Now I know that somewhere out in blogland these have probably been done. That said I am NOT going to google it, because I like to think that these are my very own creation. Oh, and I didn't use the Lipton soup mix recipe, I used my own (which oddly enough had onion soup in it, haha).

Both kids loved this, but honestly I think if I stuck a candle in anything and sung the "unbirthday" song they may eat it. May. So here it is...

Melissa's meatloaf cupcake (I can't stop laughing at the name)

Preheat oven to 350

Ingredients

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 packet of dried onion soup mix
1 egg
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 c breadcrumbs
2 T worcestershire
2 t season all

Combine meat mixture with hands, do not overmix (makes your end result a bit chewy).
Place meat mixture into greased muffin pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Frosting and sprinkles: mashed potatoes and peas!

Add candle and sing songs for garnish. Enjoy!
 UndertheTableandDreaming 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea! I'm trying it tomorrow night, seriously!! Keep them coming, sister!

Kelly Jo @Typing One Handed said...

I'm all for anything that gets my two year old to eat something healthy. Can't wait to give it a try!!!

chris said...

My kids would love this. What a perfect April fools trick.

Danielle said...

Found your blog from Under the Table. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this idea! I'm doing a post about it on my blog, everybody needs to try this:) Thank you for sharing.

Danielle said...

Oh and just became a follower, #101 ha:)

betsey at b.bar said...

I must be a kid at heart because I can't wait to try these! Thanks for sharing!

Betsey at b.bar
www.bybbar.blogspot.com