Friday, April 18, 2014

Ugly outlet cover solution

I came up with this idea awhile ago, and I made mental note to put this in my "invention notebook", the one that does not exist. I keep on meaning to write down all of my genius ideas, but they are so fleeting, and I always forget:)! Anyway, this was one of those ideas.

That outlet is ugly, cream, and right in my face.
See, it may seem like nothing to most, but my counter height electrical outlets drive me nuts. I often find myself plugging in those small wall wax warmers just to stick something in them.

Then I thought, "why not a picture frame?".  I thought of using a frame with an outlet plug cover to jazz things up.

A quick trip to the Dollar Tree was in order to gather my supplies. I needed a lightweight 4x6 picture frame, lightweight and cheap!
This is what I decided on. Pretty basic.


Back view
 Next I removed the cheapo stand, a quick pull and it was gone, leaving a nice flat back.

Photo stand removed
 I then held my frame up to the wall outlet to see where I should position the outlet cover (that we all have leftover from when our babies were sticking their fingers where they shouldn't).
Position and THEN glue
 I then simply hot glued the outlet plug onto the back of the frame, and there you have it!




Add a photo!

Add a printable (I have a chalkboard "You Are My Sunshine" print in this picture)


Easily use it as a dry erase board. Just insert plain or patterned paper into the frame and use a dry erase marker in the glass!
Hope you enjoyed this easy project!

No comments: