Monday, August 30, 2010

The too easy earring holder

So I have been looking for a nice looking easy way to display my earrings. I was inspired by the numerous radiator and chicken wire frames that are out there and decided to search my craft room and raid what I already had instead of buying more stuff. So lets get to it.

Here is what you will need:

Embroidery hoop (I used a 12 inch one, which cost me $.99 at the thrift store years ago)
lace or a doily (I found an old table runner at the thrift store for a dollar)

No real instructions, just place the lace/ doily inside the hoop and pull tight. Snip the excess material and fabric glue it around the back if you like.

A nice touch would be to paint the hoop as well, I like it bare so that I can always reuse it for its original purpose later in life:).

Oh, and aren't those earrings the cutest??? I made them and I think they are my most treasured pair. I can work on a tutorial for that too if anyone likes.

This was also linked to the Metamorphosis Monday post on Between Naps On The Porch!

No comments: