Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend of treasures

So I am in the process of making myself a craft room and I took it upon myself (who else? haha) to go shopping for decor. And when I say shopping I mean thrifting, during the kids naps! What treasures I found too! Take a look for yourself. Oh and sorry for the lighting, I took these pics at night and really dislike flash:)

First I took a trip to The Fancy Tiger, where I rarely get to go with kids. Love that store, such unique fabrics, many Japanese imports.  Here are two that I walked away with, only half a yard each should be plenty for what I need.


Then off to Goodwill(s). It was a good trip.
Lefton Valentine wind up music angel.


Mushroom teapot, perfect for Charlotte's upcoming Alice in Wonderland birthday party.


Now try not to laugh at this next one. When I first saw it, I thought how ugly, but it didn't really matter to me because it was two things...old and an owl. Then I checked the tag and it was a Winnie the Pooh Owl by Gund. And mine.


Cute little bunny couple.


Gorgeous woven porcelain vase


Sewing cabinet with an old Waverly type print. Stand upright and was in perfect condition. I love it!


Two cute vintage fabric remnants, over a yard each.


1960's/ 70's girl baby book, unwritten in perfect condition with the original packaging.
 
Maybe my favorite purchase of the day, because of its potential. So many things I can do with this book, but where to start. Any suggestions?

 


No comments: