Thursday, April 8, 2010

Melissa's cream cheese potato soup

This is some serious good soup. I have been trying to replicate Grand Luxe's creamy chicken mushroom soup for a while now, and I think I am nearly there.

This is what I have so far. You can add chicken, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and peas if you like. I made this plain with just potatoes and it was SO good. So I will leave you with the plain recipe until the other is perfected.

Melissa's cream cheese potato soup:

- 4 c water and 4 tsp chicken bouillon seasoning. Or just 4 cups chicken broth. I like the seasoning best, because it is cheaper:)
- 4 c potatoes (peeled), this is roughly 4 med/ large potatoes.
- 1 8oz pack of cream cheese, I use the light cream cheese.

The following is to taste, or 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp each
- season salt
- ground red pepper
- ground black pepper

Boil your broth and potatoes until tender.

Add cream cheese and stir until melted.

Break up a few of your potatoes with a fork or masher.

Serve topped with bacon and cheese if you like, but I loved it plain.

No comments: