|I am thinking about painting the owl all white. What do you think?|
Make earrings! In the past I showed you how to make buttons out of tree branches and this is basically the same idea. Of course you can always make the buttons and glue them to an earring post. That is what I am going to do in addition to this earring.
Here is what you will need:
- Tree branch or twig/ log
- Hand saw or miter saw
- Mod Podge
- Earring hooks
- Jewelry pliers
- Jump rings
- Scrap paper if desired
- First you cut your tree branch, mine is about 1.75- 2". Cut it about 1/8" thick.
- Drill a hole into the top of the earring, fairly close to the top to accommodate a jump ring.
- Cut out your image onto scrap paper...endless possibilities!
- Mod Podge your paper onto the earring. I also made a plain pair that I just lacquered. Equally pretty!
- Mod Podge over the whole earring and let dry!
- Attach jump ring and hook
- Wear and enjoy!
Now for the GIVEAWAY! You can win any of the following necklaces and 2 winners will be chosen. All you have to do is:
Follow me via Google Friend Connect and let me know which necklace you would choose. ***EDIT- since I am giving away 2 necklaces, please put your 1st and 2nd choices in your comment:). I didn't think that through, haha!***
That's it! Good luck! Oh, and let's close the giveaway on November 16th!
The DIY Showoff